Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Home away from home

Some of you may know that the last few months I have been traveling back and forth between my home office in Ft Myers and our office on the East Coast in Ft Lauderdale. Besides the loooong drive along Alligator Alley (yes, that's the name of a highway in Florida), the hardest thing is leaving my family behind every week. I'm only traveling for a couple of nights a week, so it's not a very extreme situation. I do get to spend most of my nights at home :-) But it's still hard, especially when your little girl begs you not to go :-(

Of course Jay and I are super grateful that we're blessed with a job that allows us to have all our needs met as well as the amazing opportunity for Jay to be able to continue studying so he can get his degree. We would not be able to do all those things without it. But I have to say, I am soooo over this recession!!! Yep, I am ready for the Country to come back!

Oh well, one day at the time is the name of the game. This experience has definitely made us stronger, closer and appreciate the time we DO spend together. Because they too are a blessing!

In the meantime, I get to accrue points for some future vacation :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment